Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending e-mail via VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaladin

Programmer
Jul 9, 1999
US
How can you send e-mail via VB? It would be preferable to do so without opening Outlook (or any other app for that matter). I had experimented with the MAPI functionality, but the large drawback I got was that I received no feedback from it to tell me the progress it was making in sending the e-mail(percentage done), or more importantly, when it was done. I would like to be able to handle all the normal e-mail capabilities (ie. multiple addressees, CC, BCC, and attachments) related to sending e-mail. I don't care about receiving e-mail at this time.

Have you checked the FAQs section on this forum? I saw an article there that may answer your question.

The e-mail example in the FAQ doesn't address the biggest problem I'm having with e-mail. It doesn't explain how to get feedback from your e-mail to know how it is progressing, or more importantly, when it is completed. Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back