Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending DTFM tones back to a menu system

Status
Not open for further replies.

riscyrich

Technical User
Sep 7, 2005
GB
Hi guys

Our Kit: CS1000E, Contact Centre 8 (AACC6) and CallPilot 4.0

Long story short here:

We have been bombarded lately with scam callers and ambulance chasers slowly making their way through our DDI ranges.

I've got the contact centre setup to scan calls going to our reception team for what we term bad CLID numbers. We just route the calls to an extension and jerk them around for a bit.

But the callers have up'd the ante by putting an IVR menu infront of the call routing so you have to press 2 or 5 to get routed through to an actual person. Can anyone think of a way to send the menu presses back to them? I've tried recording the DTMF tones, and playing them back via a voice item but the compression on the CallPilot mashes up the tones.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

why not just give a disconnect after filtering these bad clid - why waste your agent time and system resources at all

I don't send it to an agent. Should have explained the ext. we route the calls to it sat beside me. I just play them the odd sound effect from whatever sound board I can get up in time.

I just wanted to automate the process - bit of a fight back to what seems to be an unstoppable onslaught of calls.

I've already managed to filter out most of the calls and hence are not wasting peoples time. I'd just like some payback so that I can start wasting their time. Maybe then the companies benefiting from the cold calls might get sick of being messed around and give up calling us.

More seriously, the point is some of the menus offer a menu option that allows you to unsubscribe from the calls, would be nine to automate this process if possible.

Cheers

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back