Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending data fron Excell to Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummy7

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
CA
Hi guys,
I am working on excel very first time. So need guidness. Actually what I am trying to do is ,I want to send data which is accessible through textboxes by clicking button in my table of AccessDB.
So what is the connection string or what is the procedure of sending data,looks as excel sheet is performing like form.

There are a number of ways to send data to Excel:
1. Select the records in the table, and Copy Paste to Excel.
2. Select the table you are interested in and click File>Export>Save As Type>Microsoft Excel
3. Tools>Office Links>Analyze it with Microsoft Excel

Once the data is in Excel, you can display a form for the data by clicking anywhere in your Excel table of information and selecting Data>Form.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Born once die twice; born twice die once.

Thanx for quick reply Tom. You take it in wrong direction.Actually I want to Export data into Access DB. But in diffent way. I am creating Form in Excel and on Sunbmit button, Data in TextBox/Cell should be inserted in table feilds accordingly.

OK! A few things to know:
1. Will the data be moved into an already existing database?
2. How exactly is your data set up in Excel? Is it in cells in your spreadsheet? Will the user be typing into a VBA user form in Excel or directly into the sheet?
3. Would storing the data in Access to begin with be a better way to go? What is the logic behind using Excel?

Tom

I am new in Excel.i recently made Db in Access with forms,reports etc. Now I came to know that there are excel files .xls like forms to enter data. I am using toolbar control in Excel to draw controls over it.But now i am confusing that after creating controls like textbox and command button in Excel.How data is shifted in Database. I hope that there is some way in Excel same as in Access Form.

It sounds like you want to make an Excel form to put data into your Access tables. This can be done, but is far more trouble than it is worth. Why not just use an Access based form?

Tom

Thanx again Tom to guide me in right direction.Thats I want to know.
Another question, Can we use Excel Sheets to only input data like forms to see only not for input in Database. If yes,so how to do.Because I saw many sheets that user inputs data ,save it and send through email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back