Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending CS1000 ver 6 CDR over IP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP2000

MIS
May 24, 2002
US
Hello All,

I am a former Avaya guy, but I have a customer who has Nortel CS1000 and wants to send their CDR data over the LAN to a third-party receiver. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is necessary to setup this configuration or point me to the correct documentation to get it done. They sent me some documentation on DBA, but from what I have been able to gather, DBA is not *necessary* to send the data over the LAN.

I appreciate any help that you could provide.

Thanks

In the systems we have had set up similar to this, the third party has provided software that resides on PC's we have provided. The PC collects the CDR and FTP's it to the third party archives. This way, they do not have access to your systems, minimizing any security threats. Not exactly what you are asking for, but just an alternate method.

DBA is necessary to send CDR over the LAN. I have only seen it used through Nortel's OTM or TM. Never seen it used with a 3rd party. Get your hands on a Feature Guide and look up CDR and it will show you what your options are.

I guess I'm just too green with Nortel systems...

When I reviewed the documentation, it seemed like DBA cached the data and then some client had to be used to pull data from the PBX. However, I know that I saw a post on Tek Tips about a user "sending data via IP to a PC". That is what I was trying to accomplish, but I will have to keep digging.

Thanks for the replies.

If you are going in to a PC the easy way is to use one of the com ports on the PC and connect to one of the TTY ports off the PBX. There is a network connection you can set up, but without setting up the VLAN on the network correctly, you open yourself up to all the information on the network, in case of certain network issues, this can bring the PBX to its knees, so be careful. If you lose your network, you also lose your CDR, a direct connect means the flow is not interrupted and if the network is down, the PC will buffer the records until it is back up. This in effect takes one possible point of failure out of the equasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back