Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending copies of all email to a Blackberry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent14

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2004
US
Hello all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right forum, but here goes anyway. We just implemented an Exchange 2003 server. I would like to have all my messages copied to my Blackberry, which has it's own email address. I tried creating a server side rule (in OWA) to send copies to my Blackberry address, but it will not work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Use the desktop redirector software that comes with the Blackberry to do it from Outlook. Or use Blackberry Enterprise Manager to do it from BES.

To forward emails to your Blackberry, first send an email to it from Outlook. If that works, forward an email. If that works, create a rule to forward it and leave Outlook running. Where does it fall down?

<signature for rent>

Go to active directory user and computer, search on your name. go to properties. then click on exchange general tab. click on delivery option button and forward it to your blackburry e-mail address along with 'also delivery to your e-mail folder' check box marked.

Which is more elegant and less time consuming than my way :)

Star for you!

<signature for rent>

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I ended up setting up a rule (from the Outlook 2k3 client) to apply to all messages then "redirect" them to the Blackberry account. The problem with the "forward to" solution is that the messages display that they are from the person's Exchange account, not from the actual sender, which makes it impossible to reply direct from the Blackberry.

I used the "forward a copy" to my blackberry.net in the exchange general tab of my account.. I had to set up a contact in order to forward a copy. Now my Blackberry gets the email before my mailbox..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back