Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending company name out on PRI with IP Office 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech136

Technical User
Jan 4, 2007
CA
I have an IP office 8.1 with PRI and I have setup the short code of NZ"companyname"sxxxxxxxxxx on 50:Main on outbound calls and I still don't get the company name being sent out on calls just number sent out.
The Telco has the circuit wide open so it is an issue with IP office.

Which country are you in
it is not normally possible to send text on a PRI trunk in the UK & I assume Europe is the same

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

then you need to check with you line provider, do they support sending caller name?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

The IP office only supports this feature if the PRI protocol is setup as DMS100

From F1 help
Send Names: Release 6.0+
This option is available when the Switch Type above is set to DMS100. If set, names are sent in the display field. The Z short code character can be used to specify the name to be used.

Thanks rdoubrave that fixed it. I had it set for NI2.
Great help!

rdoubrava is correct, the IP Office must be set to DMS100. What I would like to know, is why doesn't NI2 have the send names option? The carrier tells me it is capable of sending the name we push out on NI2. We have a site that can only get an NI2 circuit and we want to send out names. Has anyone successfully set the IPO to DMS100 on an NI2 connection in Canada and sent out a name with a Z code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back