Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Citrix Connection Session Information to an Oracle Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmooreora

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
US
Hello Group,

I would like retrieve the information from a Citrix Server in reqards to who is connecting through a Citrix Client (ID number, Computer name, username). Is it possible to retrieve this information from Citrix so that I can pass the information to an Oracle database using Application Context?

Thanks
dmooreora

Check out the Terminal Server command
'query '
for example:
query user /server:servername

It won't give out computer names (== client names)
though but just the start.

Ta

Thank-you for the response.

Rather, here is the senario:

You have approximately 100 users who have citrix clients that connect to one citrix server. That server in turn has one set of database credentials that makes multiple connections (same user/password/database serial#) to an Oracle Database Server.

What I need is to be able to find information on the Citrix server about what citrix client is connecting and possibly on what citrix client machine.

Can I retrieve that information from the Citrix Server environment somehow?

Thanks Again
dmooreora

Thanks again,

I'm going to be working on this for several weeks, once I get it working, I post the information here on this website.

dmooreora

Wow,

Thanks TA. I'll give this information a shot and let you know.

dmooreora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back