Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending calls directly to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1n2md

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2006
US
Hi

It would be great if someone can help me with the following problem.

How can a user send a call directly to another user voicemail rather than ringing his extension?

I know there is a way we can do that by pressing * or # and then user extension but I dont know how to configure that.

It would be great if anyone can help me with this ASAP..

Thanks

It's actually quite easy to do, though certainly not intuitive to think about.

The key is to create a new voicemail profile called, for example, "Direct to Voicemail" and for the Voice Mail Box Mask, just use X's; i.e. If you have four digit extensions, use XXXX.

The next thing to do is to create a CTI route point and assign the directory number #XXXX or *XXXX, whatever you want to use; for the Voice Mail profile, select the new one you created earlier. And then finally, configure the directory number to Forward All to voicemail.

Now, when you dial the pattern you created in the CTI route point, the call gets automatically forwarded to VM.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

Here's all we do: Added the Call Forward All softbutton (CFwdALL) to the phone. Now the user simply pressed CFwdALL and then the messages button. Calls are now routed directly to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back