Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Caller ID only on a Few Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a22ip

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
I need to send the extensions caller id only on a few extensions. Playing with pub-unk numbering table yields no Joy. All extension send Main Listed number. I need extension 1234 to send the whole number

Instead of (NPA)NXX-XXXX I need to send (NPA)NXX 1234. The trunks in Question are SIP into a Session Manager.

Thanks in Advance
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Is it going out to SM right on a station trace?
If you look in SMGR in "routing" and in "adaptations", you might well have a adaptation on the CM SIP entity or the SIP entity out to your SBC or CS1k/PRI.

Those can be used after going through CM to change calling/called party number.

If you have a Avaya SBC, you might have a sigma script - a SIP manipulation script outward to the SIP carrier. It's a lot more complicated but can do a lot more. Look up devconnect interop notes for any SIP carrier with the Avaya SBC and you'll see some examples. You can have something like "on postrouting direction outward, change the from header into MainTel#@yourdomain.com

I can get 5 digit to play with EC500 config settings. You can try that. If someone calls my extension it displays 5 digit extension on my cell phone.

Panic Over. Issues was corrected by putting the extensions in the Private number table. Who Knew???[sadeyes]

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back