Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Automated Email Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2001
US
Is there a way I can generate automated email messages to a individual or group of addresses in outlook. As part of my job, I have to send emails to one of my co-workers notifying him once I'm done with a particular job, this happens everyday and I'm tired of manually typing out all of these emails, there has to be an easier way.

Don't know but in the meantime, why not copy n paste the same message, and then you'd onlyhave to change the odd bit of the message.

Just a thought :)

Penny

I assume that the E-mails you need to send are standard E-mails with certain parts which are variable (e.g. Job Number, result). If so, a variation on an Access Database I have written with VBA might help.

What I am suggesting is a Table which contains the Job Number, Email address of person to be informed and any other variables. On completion of a job, you simply tick it as complete and a background routine takes over and sends the Email. If you would like a copy of my Database (which was set up for different purposes) please let me know. I would point out however that my coding is not elegant.

That would be great send it to this address
Basically I work on something and then send the information to my co-worker to complete the job, this usually happens everyday more than once or twice.

I really appreciate it, send it here: iyakub@earthlink.net

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back