Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending ANI from 1800 call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have one that I have been working on for some time now and I think it is just not going to work.

I have a LA Poison Control center that receives calls in through a 1-800 number that points to my switch on a DID number. I have tried a VDN, coverage answer group, coverage path, UDP hunt group and now bridged appearances and still can not get the calling parties number to display. I think it is routing through to many places and the CID is getting lost.

Do you have any ideas that I have missed? Little purple twinkling things for anyone that can help.

Thanks Mike

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Does the DNIS of the 800 number match your dialplan? When we installed our Avaya system, we asked our long-distance carrier to change the DNIS on a few of our toll-free numbers to match the VDN that we were setting up for those toll-free calls.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

I'm on the CO side of the house, so can't help on the PBX. The question I'd ask is, are you sure that the CO is sending the calling number? Is the incoming circuit a PRI (in which case they pretty much have to be sending it), or E&M, in which case, they have to be asked to send it? I know it's an obvious question, but have to know that the PBX is receiving the information.

The calls can come in from anywhere in Louisiana through to the 1-800 number. Is is redircted to me on my incomming PRI trunk group to a number that is in my DID range.

Thomas A. Edison

Could you explain a little more Susan? That’s sounds more a long the lines of what I might need to do. This apparently is not a problem that is happening with just us. It seems other states are have the same issues. They had this issue at another branch using Essex Lines (sort of like a digital POTS line from CO)but were able to resolve them with their CO.

Thomas A. Edison

Just contact the resp org to find out the DNIS that they are sending with the toll-free number. Sometimes it is the last four digits of the number itself, like a DID number, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure that the DNIS matches the VDN that you have created for the group.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

Does a list trace show you are actually receiving the CID info?

-CL

Thanks Susan for pointing me on the right direction. It seems their provider AT&T is not sending the CID and thats why I can't make it work.

Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back