Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending an email on keyword in capture file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgornek

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
US
I've played with this a little but I'm just not familiar enough with ASPECT to make it work. I have a constant capture file running from an output from a 5ESS switch. Is there a way that I can have an email sent whenever a specific keyword scrolls across the screen? This is a XP OS computer which is on a LAN with Outlook 2003 installed. Outlook can be made to be running in the background full time if need be.

I read the previous post on this, but it wasn't very specific and I don't think it applied to my situation.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Well I downloaded the Blat but was lost on how to make it do much of anything really so I continued to stay on the same path as before.

I think I actually have Procomm really close to working correctly. Just not sure what characters I need to strip out to make the email message to come out correctly. Were you able to understand those HEX codes at all?

I didn't realize you could actually place the actual HEX code in the message. Thanks! I will try that and let you know the outcome soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back