Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending an email from Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

simdan42

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
US
I am through VB code sending a Email from Excel to Outlook. It works fine, but a Dialog box appears stating something like: " A Program is trying to send email on your behalf. In some case this can be caused by a virus. Do you wish to proceed with the opperation?" How can I get rid of this meesage it appears to come from outlook not excel.

I believe this will do it:
in outlook:

tools->macro->security

you can set the security to low which will mean that all are macros.

A better solution is to digitally sign your macros and add your signature to the trusted source.

I'm not 100% sure this is the answer. Let me know if it works.

-Venkman

How does one go about creating a digital signature?

The macro setting did not work. Any other ideas?

In the New Outlook, I think greater than Outlook 2000, Microsoft was so nice to add what they call the Object Guard Model. This prevents any kind of mass mailings such as what the I love you virus used to do. To get around this, I had to get a product called ClickYes, and then coded into my macro to turn it on and off only when I sent automated mailings. That is the only way I know of. Apparently there is a MAPI way to do it, but I don't know that. Hopefully that helps. Otherwise, you are stuck clicking on that message.

I'm doing it no problem in Office XP. two questions/things to try:

1. is Outlook running before you run this? It is on my pc. Maybe that's why it works without a problem for me.

2. Does outlook contain any macros? I have outlook macros which I must enable each time I load it up. I was thinking that this enabling of outlook macros allows excel macros to run without a problem? Try adding macros to outlook. then restart outlook and enable macros when asked to. Then try running your excel macro and see what happens.

Try these out and let me know if it works. If not I will copy my code here.

-Venkman

I do not have any macros in Outlook. Oulook has been both open and close during the excel macro run.

Hi All ~
I'm still looking for the answer to this issue too - How to avoid having to click yes to send the automated emails. So is the only way to digitally sign our macros? Any advice is appreciated!

Express Click Yes program worked for me. Changing the macros didn't work.

I also send email from Excel to Outlook w/o having to confirm anything. I'm running Win XP/Outlook XP. I don't have any Outlook macros. I wonder what the differences are that make some of us do it and others not. Strange.

Isn't it a security setting within outlook set by the administrator on networked systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back