Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending ALT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptotech

Technical User
Nov 9, 2007
US
I need to send and ALT key combination while my dialog box is open.
I can "transmit" text and caret translations while my dialog box is open but sendkey, sendvkey sends the vkey to the dialog window and not transmit out the terminal.
how do I transmit an ALT key without destroying my dialog?

it is a regular dialog box created in my script
basically I want a control to ALT-E C to access the scrollback buffer and scroll up without closing the dialog box.

Here is the the type of dialog used.
I would like another control to access the scrollback buffer and another control to page up to review data without closing the script.
I have not found any terminal commands to access the buffer so I keep thinking that ALT-E-C from the terminal menu is the only way..
thanks very much,

dialogbox 0 388 34 256 328 2 "ABC"
pushbutton 1 101 149 62 13 "DEF"
pushbutton 2 102 198 62 13 "123"

enddialog

OK, finally had some time to dig into this. If you change your dialog style from 2 to 6 (making the dialog modeless), you can click in the Procomm window to send the vkey. To do this in your script, you could use the winactivate $PWMAINWIN command to set focus to the main Procomm window instead of the dialog itself.

'modeless'...this is really all I needed and should have found this on my own, but I was nukin' it out.

There's other things I can use this for later, but for accessing the scrollback buffer it's not really necessary.

Just being able to work around the dialog without closing it is really all that was needed.

thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back