Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending a fax with vb script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinken

MIS
Jul 7, 2003
US
Anyone have a script that will send a fax? I have the functions for sending a fax within a vb program using faxcom.dll but i cant get them to work in a script. I need to send a fax with the command line interface for a software package we have. Ive come up empty so far, but does anyone else have any ideas.

Could i still call and execute it from the command prompt if i wrote a consol program? Didnt think you could do that from the command prompt.

I think you can. Read your VB documentation and if still stuck, ask the VB forum.

Hope This Help
PH.

PHV is correct--use a program. DLL calls are not supported from VBscript (unfortunately).

Even Microsoft states in the only site help for vbScript that DLL calls are beyond the scope of vbScript.

I have heard of people being able to do it, but it requires a great deal of coding. Therefore it's a lot easier just to do it with a VB program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back