Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending a ColdFusion e-mail in both plain text and html 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

linke

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
US
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to send a CFMAIL in both plain text and HTML.

Thanks

Internet mail protocols allow for a message to be sent as multipart/alternate, where one part of the message is plain text and one part is HTML (or any combination of MIME types, actually) and the user-agent (mail client, in this case) will display whatever version it is capable of displaying. I have written a set of custom tags to accomplish this, but I wrote it on company time and do not yet have company approval to post it on the Macromedia Exchange. I would be happy to send the tag to you if you want to provide an e-mail address or provide some other transfer method.

-pcorreia
Did I Help? Vote!

I came across this thread - and find your mention of a custom tag intriguing. It could save me a lot of effort and avoid my having to code from scratch every time.

Would you please send me the tag also..?

Please send it to:
twelvethman@usa.com

Thanks!

Pcorreia, I would like the custom tag to send email in both plain text and HTML. My e-mail address flemingv@mhs-pa.org

Thanks
Linke

I've sent you the custom tag by e-mail. If it's useful, or if you have additional feature requests, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

-pcorreia

pcorreia, can you send me your custom tags, too? My eMail: falcao@heureka.com Thanks!

falcao

Please send this to me also at nups @ bellsouth.net Thanks.

Falcao and moonriver, you should have just received the custom tag via e-mail. Let me know if you have any problems...

pcorreia

If you would be so kind to pass it along to me as well, that'd be fantastic.

info@pontifixx.com

Thanks.

Could you please email the code to ae02zzn@yahoo.com.
Thank you in advance

cws

pcorreia
Could you please email the tags to me at james.kersbergen@etalk.com

TIA

pcorreia,

This looks perfect. Have you tested on CFMX, on a Linux platform, if you could be so kind as to provide the tag, I'd be happy to provide feedback with this environment.

My email kevinfaulkner@hotmail.com

Well Pcorreia,
I am getting on the bandwagon also. Could you email to me the tag?

cscott@thewholecomputer.com

Much appreciated.

The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked

Hi pcorreia,

I would also LOVE to get your code :)

pdf125@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Pcorreia,

Can I have your tag too? thanks
dy@picturesplanes.com

Really thanks!

Pcorreia,

Would i be able to get this tag also? spreston@infinitygroup.com

Thanks!

Sean

I hate to be the last loser on your bandwagon, but I have tried to do this, albeit unsuccessfully. I would greatly appreciate the code for the HTML/text functionality. Thanks in advance. fozfactor@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back