Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending a BREAK using Procomm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjamm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2001
US
I am unable to send the BREAK to exit session screens in the OCTEL 250. How are other doing it?

As teletubby5E sugested, "^C" is the key equivalent, of a break. I program a key on my treminal, or Procomm Plus keyboard setup file with that command. Usually use the "page down" key, as it is not used for anyting else on the Octel

There is another shortcut that allows you to jump to the end of the screen. I use to have this but lost it when I rebuilt my PC. Does anyone have those characters? Any other shortcuts would be greatly appreciated too.

You can use "^[7" or escape-7 to update any record instead of entering all the way to the end of the screen.

Other helpful keystroke for Procomm is to map an unused key as "1^H^M". This will blank a field by inserting a 1, backspace, enter.

I do the same only a slightly different way. I defined Meta Keys so they are labeled and I don't have to remeber way keys combinations are involved.

Go to the Meta Key editor, choose a Meta Key and create the following for each funtion.

Break:
Action=Menu Command
Contents=Data-Send Break
Label= Break

Send (So you don't have to go thru every option on the page):
Action= Send Text
Contents=^[7
Label=Send

Save the Meta Keys to a file and then add that definition under the Advanced Options Meta Key area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back