Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send zip files to Users inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga5566

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
I have a requirment to send the zip files to about 100 users.I tried to send them from full client(File ->Send->Users),but it doesnt allow me to select the zip files.
Is there a way to send zip files to the users from BO.
I have general supervisor permissions too.
Thanks and REgards
Naga

Let me clarify. I do not believe this is possible using Send. You can upload the file to corporpate docs and specify the folders that are supposed to get it. You can only specify folders that you are a member of.

OR

You can upload it for everyone and then disable it for the top level of your Supervisor tree. Then enable it for the folders you want.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Steve,

Thank you for response.

How can i upload the files for everyone ?
When i upload the file from infoview ,the files are only in my personal docs/inbox.If all the users are under a single group,it would be easier.But all the users are in different groups.Can you give me a hint as to how to upload for everyone? Is it using supervisor or infoview.
In my case the zip files contain pdf s of the reports.

Thanks
Naga

Hi,

I developed a solution for this approach on located at both the Client and Server sides of BO. The solution was using Broadcast Agent to send a BO doc which is converted to PDF at the server side when run and refreshed. After the PDF
I used Dart for mailing but prior to that I used dzip.dll and dunzip.dll's, provided as freeware, to zip the files that were mailed. The server side functions were performed in vba in an addin. The client side addin (this addin accessed user names from tables in sybase storing users to send or receive, if they people not bo users I provided a means for adding users) built the necessary string parms which contained the users which were to receive the mail (BO user or external). BCA allows us to send reports at different frequencies.

This solution is not for the novice as it took alot of code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back