Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send username and pass via ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulnew2000

Programmer
Dec 8, 2000
US
I am using CR Dev edition. I have a group of existant, highly comlex reports from an exec. I have placed the reports on a NT/IIS website without a problem. However, I would like to be able to send login (for the datasource) so that my users don't have to.

I'm already using Basic login w/SSL, so security is covered. I just don't want my users to have to login to the datasource at each report.

===
I do not want to send username and pass via the http string as suggested by Seagate. None of this...x.rpt?username=...this is unacceptable.
====

Is there a way to pass logon information automatically to an existing report via ASP?

Thank You.

I too will have same issue as soon I start working on my next assignment.

Would really appreciate if someone can share their experiences.

nath

Use the RDc with ASP, and not the WCS. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

I have been attempting to use an ADO connection, supplying the password and then calling the report. However, it seems that I must open a recordset to connect the report to. However, I can't open a recordset, because I don't know what the SQL statement will be.

Any further suggestions?

Thank You.
-Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back