Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send To sub-menu missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattere

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
US
I received a call today from a user whose Send To sub-menu is missing under the File menu in Microsoft Office 2003 Excel. He uses it to "Send to mail recipient (as attachment)". We use Lotus Notes 6.5.4, and I have checked IE for the needed settings under Tools|Internet Options|Programs tab, Default e-mail client is set to Lotus Notes, and I have made the needed changes to the win.ini file for [Mail].

I checked Word, and it does have the Send To menu, but does not have the option for the attachment. Has anyone else run aross this issue before?

System- Windows XP Pro SP2 (Firewall off)
512MB RAM
Processor: Centrino 1.8GHz
**Outlook Express not installed,we do not allow
our users access to it, by altering the ISO
with the application nLite.
Could this be the issue?

Have you tried running the "repair" option from your Microsoft Office disk?
hth~
Boni
:eek:)

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

That I have not tried. However, I did try the Detect and Repair option from the Help menu. This is a remote system, and was installed via the network, so I don't have access to be able to run the option from the disk itself... Unfortunately:-(

:(
Do you have access to the file over the network? Depending on how it was saved to the network, you might have the option of running a repair by simply clicking on the file...
I will research this furthur and let you know if I find anything!
Boni

Boni J. Rychener
800-783-2269

per microsoft...

If sub menu commands are incomplete:

Make sure you have installed Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange Client, or another 32-bit e-mail program compatible with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI).

If you have installed Microsoft Exchange or a compatible e-mail program, make sure Mapi32.dll is in the Windows System or System32 folder.

See this page for furthur details:

hth~
Boni

Boni J. Rychener
800-783-2269

Been there, done that. We use Lotus Notes, and mapi32.dll is installed. Additionally, we modify teh win.ini folder to point to the proper dlls to take care of this issue:
[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

That's why I was wondering if not having Outlook Express installed could be causing an issue. I modified the ISO for this instance of Windows, it does not install, or place any files for, Outlook Express on the laptop. Most of the time Outlook Express is installed by default, then we un-install it. But it leaves part of itself behind in Progam Files and the registry.

Try to delete a file from C:\Program Files\Outlook Express, and see how long it takes to re-appear. Usually, within 30 seconds to a minute it will be back. It gets re-installed to the folder through the registry... Sometimes faster[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back