Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send to shows Outlk Express Addressbook; Should be Outlook Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2000
This is an easy one I'm sure of it.

Send to from Office programs (excel, word) come up with Outlook express address book. It should be showing the Exchange Address book for Outlook.

I already have Outlook Exchange as the default email program. Cannot see anything different than other PC's. This is going on on three PC's W2K.

Thanks
Dan

When you mention that you have set Outlook as the default mail program do you mean you also did this in IE? That is where Office should be looking to see what is the default mail program to be used.

Just want to clarify. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Yes, sorry bout that. Microsoft Outlook (for exchange) is in IE, listed as the default. When Exchange outlook Global address list should be the default, it is bringing up Otlk Express instead.

That's why it is puzzling to me.
Any more thoughts?

Dan

Off the top of my head I am not sure what would cause this.
I should have also asked what version of Office is being used.

I was going to suggest have you tried replacing the Mail Recipient icon with the one from a machine where it works correctly but without knowing which version of Office is being used that may not work.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Ok my goof....here is the scenario:

Workstation
1. Office 2K
Access 97
W2K Pro

2. Office 2K
W2K Pro

3. Office 2K
W98

Exchange
5.5 running on NT 4.0

My mystery to you.....thanks for any help.....

Dan

Just a thought

within outlook am i right that this is the mail contact list that you are trying to address when sending too.

if so check that in outlook under options / other have you flagged outlook to be your default contact and mail user ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back