Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send To mail recipient problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

malaka

MIS
Apr 8, 2002
US
Hi all,
I have a user who is having problems using the Send To feature. He is using Windows 2000 and Office 2003.

1. Right click a document and select Send To->Mail Recipient.
2. An Outlook email window opens with the document attached.
3. Fill in the To: and Subject: fields and hit Send.
4. Nothing happens. The Send button appears to be activated as you can see the icon change, but the window just sits there and the message is not sent.

If you open the document and do File->Send To->Mail Recipient it works just fine.

Outlook is set as his default email program.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

I have a user with a very similar issue.

The user opens a document in Excel 2003 then clicks
File > Send to > Mail Recipient (As Attachment)

Nothing happens.

Here is an MS Knowledgebase article that says to have Outlook 2003 open first. I tried that but still nothing happens.

Also, I have checked in Internet Explorer options on the Programs tab that e-mail is set to MS Office Outlook.

As a workaround I'm going to use this add-in, but it's not the ideal solution.

Thanks in advance!

A customer of mine has the exact same problem : when they try to attach a file by using the send to (right click) feature, a new message window pops up , they fill out the to and subject fileds , but the "SEND" button wont work when you click it!

If you manually save the message, and go back into outlook 2003 and then send it (extra 2-3 steps) , then it works.

is this a common bug? is there ever going to be a workaround???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back