Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Send To" in MSWord can't locate Groupwise 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANDE

Programmer
May 25, 1999
US
I have loaded Groupwise on a machine with MSOffice 97 without Outlook,WIN98 OS, Novell 4.11/Client 3.1 network. <br>
<br>
When I use the &quot;Send To&quot; within MSWord I should get the Groupwise email system, instead I get the MS Exchange log in.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions

I have a sort of answer. <br>
The file WMS.EXE will install windoze messaging. This seems to interface with groupwise. It works, how someone may be able to tell me.<br>
wms.exe is to be found in the directory <br>
?:\grpwise\software\client\win32<br>
I would like to hear how it went.

If you have trouble using the Send To--&gt;Mail Recipient feature in office 97 try the following...<br>
<br>
1) Close all office programs<br>
2) Go to Explorer and GOTO C:\windows\Forms<br>
3) Delete the file frmcache.dat<br>
4) Go to C:\program files\windows messaging\mlset32.exe<br>
5) double click on mlset32.exe to run it - this will rebuild frmcache.dat with GroupWise settings instead of Exchange settings<br>
6) Try the office program again and the send to feature should work now.<br>

RE: gads12 (MIS) Mar 14, 2000 <br>If you have trouble using the Send To--&gt;Mail Recipient feature in office 97 try the following... etc. etc.<br><br>This tip worked fine for me and about 200 other users at my site. Pity I did not find out sooner.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back