Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Outlook Message from Access 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikin9

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
I tried this question in one of the Access forums without success. Perhaps this is more appropriate here.

I want to launch an Outlook eMail message automatically from Access, but the process stops at the Choose Profile box if Outlook is closed. You must press "Enter" to proceed. I need a way to programatically get past the Choose Profile box.

Details:
I'm using the SendObject method to send the message and everything works fine as long as Outlook is already open.

If Outlook is closed, and you you simply press "Enter," the message sends and Outlook closes again (good). If you Cancel, the message is canceled (which I want to prevent).

This is a distributed database, on shared PCs, on the shop floor. It doesn't matter whose profile is chosen, because the message contains the info we want. How can I automatically pass the Choose Profile box so the message can't be cancelled?

I've tried using SendKey {Enter} but the code is stopped until you respond to the Choose Profile dialog box.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm a Brazilian programmer (beginner) and my english isn't good.

I have a doubt about SendObject command.

How can I insert a "broke row*" in my body text to send a email from access?

I tried many things and commands, but the message body always looks same. Everthing is toghether.

* I didn't know the correct expression, in Brazil we use "quebra de linha".

Thanks for any reply!!
hugs

The expression "broke row" means "a break line"

Example:
Body text without a "break line":

Body text with a "break line":

I think it's clearer now!!

Thanks again!!
hugs

The body would be a string looking like

"012345678" & vbCrLf & "012345678" & vbCrLf & "012345678"

Yes!!!