Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send on Behalf Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfdr78

Technical User
Jul 19, 2005
Hi There,

Is there a way to hide on Send on behalf permission when sending an email for someone else.

Many thanks

Rich

Yes. Remove the Send on Behalf of permission and grant "Send As" permission instead.

Thanks for the promt reply, how is this done? I can only see the send on Behalf permission.

Thanks Richard

SendAs is done through ADUC security tab rather than through any of the Exchange tabs.

Used to be you could just give the other user Full Control via XC Advanced Tab but that doesn't work with newer revisions of the Store.

Neill

Hi,

I have ticked the sendas Tab and removed the send on behalf permissions however it will not allow me to send now.
Do i just tick the sendas box and ntohing else?

Thanks Richard

Ticked the sendas tab?

In ADUC you need to grant Jo Bloggs the Send As permission inside Fred Bloggs' account so that Jo can send As Fred. Is that what you mean that you did?

Hi Zelandakh,

I have now found the problem i ticked the sendas box however there were a few other boxes ticked as default which i have since taken off.
This is now working.

Thanks Guys for all your help

Cheers Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back