Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send on behalf of question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua1

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
How would a user send on behalf of ?

When you give a user rights to some elses mailbox. If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!

I forgot.
In Outlook, when creating a new messge, click view- from filed to send as If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!

I'm trying to do the same thing yet it doesn't work.

I have "send on behalf" permission set and am trying to use the "From field" however it still tells me i don't have permission to send on behalf of this user....any ideas?

thx

If you want to use the FROM field, I believe you need to assign "send as" permission in the properties on the mailbox.

Go to the properties of the mailbox of the individual who will be used in the From field. On the Permissions tab, add the account of the user who will be sending the message. Assign the "send as" role to that user. If it's a public folder you need to send as, just add the folder to sender's personal address book.

I forgot to mention these steps need to take place within the Exchange administrator program.

that's exactly right - the default setting is not to view the permission tab (would you believe i managed 2 years without it!!!!) now i've enabled it and i can set it up to "send as" - perfect - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back