Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send on Behalf of group

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmyers

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
Hello All! I have a MS Exchange 2003 server and I have the following question --- I have a group of users who want to be able to send mail as the group. The group itself doesn't have a mailbox, so I cannot do this the normal way. If I try to send a message as "Operations" (name of group), it works because I am an Administrator. However, if someone in Operations tries it, they get the error "You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user."

How to fix?

Thanks!
Michael

They all need the correct rights to the Operations Group, being a member of a group is not enough.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Have a look at the shop @ !

Thanks for your reply. But I don't understand where to give them correct rights. I am in AD U&C and looking at Properties for the group - I don't see where I would add names other than under Members.

Thanks

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to do this? I've not been able to find out. How would I go about giving the appropriate rights to the group?

Thanks!

If you looked at the properties of that mail-enabled Group, there is the security tab.
You can add users and set their rights to Send As or whatever else you want them to do.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Have a look at the shop @ !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back