Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send multiple messages from Drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgate

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
GB
Hi All

I have a piece of code that on a monthly basis creates emails to distinct email addresses with attachments and writes these into the Drafts folder in Outlook. I usually need to hold these for a few days before sending them. We I need to send these 800 or so emails I have open each one and click send. How can I send these all in one go? I have tried moving them to the outbox but they just lie there.

Thanks in advance

Are the adressees the same every month? If so, you just need to create a distribution list using Outlook Contacts. This has the advantage that you only need to send the email once from your desktop.

If you are sending out to 800 addresses, have you contacted your ISP to let them know what you are doing? Many ISPs now block this activity to try to cut down on spamming. As long as they know what you are doing, they will enable the function for you.

Regards: tf1

The addresses differ every month and the attachment is a statement which is also specific to the addressee. I have no problem sending these through out ISP. The problem is I have to open every one and click send!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back