Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Mail Task problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrinn

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
HK
Dear,
As I know, If i would like to send mail by using the 'Send Mail Task' package, I have to set up the 'mail profile' first, right? Unfortunately,I'm short in idea about setting up the 'mail profile'.
Does anyone can give me the details of setting the 'mail profile'?

Any advices or recomendation are welcome.

Hmm...let's see. Do u want to set up a profile in SQL code or just on the pc you are working on? I am a little confused as to how you want to go about this. -vbuser1976
VB6.0 SP5
Crystal 8.0 Developer Edition
SQL 7.0 SP2

I'd like to set the 'mail' profile' on the PC.

Well, you can set up a mail profile by using Microsoft Outlook. Is the pc on a network and connected to an Exchange Server? If so, then setting up a mail profile is fairly simple.

You need to go into Control Panel and double-click Mail. If you have MS Outlook with Exchange, a dialog box called MS Exchange Settings Properties will appear. There will be a button on the bottom of the dialog box called Show Profiles. Click the button and you should go to another dialog box that will or will not have a list of profiles already available. You need to click ADD and then follow the instructions of the add profile wizard.

Now for Outlook express, I believe that all you need to do is add an account.

Please make sure that any e-mail client you use is the default e-mail client. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for. -vbuser1976
VB6.0 SP5
Crystal 8.0 Developer Edition
SQL 7.0 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back