Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send key for ctrl 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptw78

Technical User
Mar 5, 2009
US
I can't seem to figure out the sendkey for ctrl 5. I've tried the following and none work.
Sess0.Screen.SendKeys ("{^5}")
Sess0.Screen.SendKeys ("(^5)")
Sess0.Screen.SendKeys ("^5")

anyone able to post how to use the ctrl then 5 key? thx

what's interesting in excel, i was able to code Control C to copy but was not able to evoke Control V to paste...rather odd

I'll give that a try in the morning. thx

SendKeys "<Ctrl+5>" doesn't work, looks like it's just one of those things that requires a lot of digging around

Have you looked at your keyboard map to see what command is mapped to Ctrl+5? It should give you the literal command for what your attempting to simulate.

For example to turn my page the "<Transmit>" call does the trick, although it is mapped to several key combinations on my Key Mapping.

try Sess0.Screen.SendKeys("<Transmit>")

Options>Settings>Keyboard Maps>clickie clickie selected>hold control and click on the 5 of the onscreen keyboard.

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

once again, this all goes back to the keyboard mapping i described in my previous posts which cited attachmate reference articles. Please send me an update ptw78 and let me know how this is going for you. maybe you can let someone from the forum remote in and view your screen to walk you through keyboard mapping

ptw78, I don't know if you resolved this yet. If you haven't, what is your keyboard Ctrl 5 actually mapped to under Options | Settings | Keyboard? Under a default mainframe keyboard it just selects the entire screen. Is this the action you want? It could have been changed to a different value and that is what you need to send to the host.

thx, i'll have to check when i go into work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back