Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Fax through Computer - Document Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm43

Programmer
Dec 1, 2002
US

What is the least number of devices needed to send faxes through your computer(like Win

Fax Pro or INternet Fax websites - efax or something), provided that the page that

you're trying to send is a hardcopy and there is no electronic copy.

What's the best device to get for your home (note: physical space conservation is important) if you have faxing,printing and possibly copying needs.

Saad Masood

Well for faxing/copying/printing why not one of those all in one solutions made by companies such as HP?

Your'll save space and get your functionality.

That's what I was thinking of too Grenage.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Multi-function/All-in-One ?

Is there one that has a laser printer?

I just bought an ML-1710 laser printer - and I'm happy with it - but if i buy a multi-function/all-in-one, i'd have to return this printer (this printer was like 85 dollars).

I would like the all-in-one that i replace this with to have the same quality printer as the ML-1710 - printing speed is important to me.

Which is the cheapest of these multi-functions/all-in-one out there?

Thanks

Saad

It all depends on what you want to spend. HP makes several all-in-ones and the quality depends on price. Inkjet quality of print is on par with laser these days and you get color for a reasonable price.

I'm not really much of a peripherals boff but if you take a tour of the major player's website (hp.com, epson.com etc) to see what they have on offer you should have a good idea.

I'm looking to spend $100-$200 . I guess I'd get real crappy quality with that kind of money. I'll look more carefully on the net when i get some time , & will post on what I've found .. things are really hectic now ..

Thanks!

Saad

I'm using a HP PSC 750 which I've seen for around $150.00.
I swear by HP printers for I've never really had any problem with the ones I've had.
I use this for faxing hard copies all the time and it has photo quality printing.
Hope this helps. I use Norton Winfax Pro for my fax program.

ART

Aah .. I bought a Panasonic KX-FLM551 cauz I needed one quickly. It cost me $180.

I actually have another question. It's related to faxing. Do you know if the phone company charges for sending faxes from the home phone line (in U.S). I actually have One Phone Line to which the Fax machine is connected, that I'm also using for Phone. I have unlimited long-distance calling in the U.S. My phone company is SBC (Pacific-Bell). Does it charge like per-page, per-line, or per-word or something?

Thanks. Appreciate All your answers.

Saad

No..It's the same rate as talking...
I'm not on SBC..but i've never heard of such a concept...only when faxing from Office depot/Staples/Kinkos..etc..do they charge by page.and ofcourse their service fee.

Make sure your ISP is a local number.... That's how they get ya on this side of the pond[bigsmile]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

I misread a little..since you have "unlimited" long distance
and assuming the same for local..it doesn't matter about the ISP thing...
The Fax thing is still true...
For Phone/Fax or anything....Remember also unlimited usually means the Lower48 only.
(not Alaska or Hawaii)..but maybe/might include PuertoRico and Territories...
Ask SBC.[2thumbsup]

oh yeh...and Welcome to the USA!![bigsmile]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

H heh .. Thanks TekTippy . I verified it with SBC. You are right. It's just like making a phone call , Depending on the area code, it'll be considered a local call or a long-distance call. No charge by line, or words, or pages. Thanks. I was thinkin' about something i heard/read a long time ago - and i was confused.

Saad M

My pleasure....glad to be of help[bigsmile]

TT4U

Notification:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back