Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Email from a Continuous Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerlock2005

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
All,
I have a continuous form whith about 5 fields. I want to be able to send email when any field on any record is changed. I don't want to be an irritant to the user by sending an automatic email everytime a field is updated.

I want the email to be sent that has a .snp file attached that has each record in that .snp that has been modified.

I would want this to happen if they click on the X button in the top right of that form, or I guess I could disable that and put a close button with the event behind it.

I know how to do the email part, but what I need help with is how to get the records that were changed into the .snp file.

Again, if any field in the record is changed I would want it to be apart of this email that would automatically be sent out.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Do you mean 'changed since the form was opened'? or 'changed today'? or something else?

When any record is changed when the user opens the form, but i want to capture all the records that the user changed when he is trying to exit the form into an automatic email that is sent to me......again, i know how to do the email part, but i need help with the other part.

Is this enough information you need from me?

One approach.

Create a table which will contain the ids of changed records - so just one field.
In the form_afterupdate event procedure add a record to the table containing the recordid of the record that has changed.
Create a query based on the form's underlying table and the change list table, linked on id.
Base your report on this query.

You need to run a delete query when you open the form, to delete all records from the change listatble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back