Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send email but can not recieve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtgren

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
I can send email out to another email account and they will recieve it within 2 minutes, but when I try to receive email from an external account it can take hours or days.

My logs files in the imal\spool directory grows bigger and bigger out of control. To find out what maybe the possible problem I went to DNS report and receive the following message from them. WARNING: One or more of your mailservers appears to be an open relay. If so, this means that you are allowing spammers to freely use the mailserver to send out spam! It is possible that your mailserver accepts all E-mail and later bounces it, or accepts the relay attempt and then deletes the E-mail, but this is not common.
WARNING: mail.mbk-inc.org appears to be an open relay: 250 ok its for

I a using Imail 7.07 - please help, with any solutions. Thanks!

Cause you set your SMTP as "open relay", I guess you have got spammers in your Imail Server already. You have to set SMTP as "no relay". Then go to your spool directory, delete all txt file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back