Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Diferent number Cli

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieDio1

Technical User
Nov 21, 2011
BR
Hi,

I want send number diferent in external calls, my extension number is 55 21 2599-1234 and want send pilot number 55 21 2599-1111.
Is possible ?
Hipath 4000 v5

Thanks

Also note that depending on the trunking you have there are restrictions. I have traditional PRI circuits in my buildings. I can set the PUBNUM of the phone to anything I want, BUT that number MUST be provisioned on the PRI I am dialing out from. So if my main number of my clinic is 123-456-4500 and that is a DID on my PRI, and my Doctor's office is 123-456-4555, I can make it so the PUBNUM on my Doctor's phone that goes out to Caller-ID is 123-456-4500 because I "own" that number on that PRI. So when the Doctor calls the Patient and they think they got the provate office number they really got the number of the receptionist at the clinic!! Obviously if you have Copper POTS trunks it doesn't matter what number you put for PUBNUM - you will get the hard-coded number of the copper line.

From my (limited) understanding, the scammers that are spoofing numbers are using SIP trunks, and apparently there is some way to use numbers that are not your own. The government and carriers are currently working on fixing that with a process called SHAKEN / STIR.

BTW, when you enter PUBNUM the format is 1234564500 with no punctuation.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

That's interesting Don, I have traditional PRI circuits as well, but my carrier AT&T doesn't care what I put on the outbound ID. However, we have seen issues with some facilities that will reject a caller ID that's a toll-free number or not a 10-digit number.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

I have to provide a full 10-digit number or the output will be the default number of the circuit (I think SPID is the buzzword), and the same goes if the number is not a DID on that circuit. Even though I "own" 5600 numbers spread across 6 buildings served by the same CO, if I try to give out a number in one of my other buildings the outcome will be the default number of the circuit (which I have tried to have set to the main answer point of that building for that exact reason). AT&T is my carrier as well. These are traditional copper PRI. I have one new site that has BVOIP (which is basically a PRI card in the back of a 2900 router) and I had the fortune to be working with the person at the keyboard when it got set up, and he let me set the default number of the building there to a DNIT to a call center in a different building. So those phones can either give out a number in their building OR that one special number. Problem with that one is there is some kind of authentication required to make 800 calls on that circuit, and if I change the PUBNUM to anything other than the exact extension number then it will not allow them to dial 800 calls.... Sometimes yah can't win! Fortunately they don't realize the calls are failing as unauthorized because they get a standard busy signal, so they have been in that building close to 3 years and no one has complained about that yet!

Now I could also believe the PBX might have a role in that number restriction thing, but as far as the PBX knows that is one big system - all the shelves are running off the main location unless there is a link failure and then they can be islands, so I'm not sure how it would know those other 4 PRI circuits are in other buildings...

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back