Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send data selection from Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cullyn

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2002
AU
Am trying to record a macro to send range selection from a workbook to an Outlook recipient. Cannot seem to send anything except the entire workbook. VBA doesn't want to send specific data or a specific range.
If anyone is aware of a way to send a selection with expression .SendMail, I'd appreciate some code or any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Cully

cullyn,

.SendMail "Sends the workbook by using the installed mail system." (right out of Excel Help)

So, why don't you write a macro to copy the selection to a new workbook and sent it.

There is more than ONE way to skin a cat :) Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

This is really a worst case scenario, but one of the options we had thought of.

Unfortunately the people on the receiving end of the Excel file aren't completely tech savvy. To have to open an email and then open a file, is actually pushing the level of competence.

We can use the File/Send to/Mail Recipient and it will only send the currect selection as a table, but we can't get it to macro. I'm guessing that the VBA scripting doesn't have the definitions to do what is hard coded into Excel.

Thanks for your help, I was just hoping I was wrong.

Still more than happy for someone to say it can be done too :D

cullyn,
Chances are, if you can't macro record it, it can't be done. Looks like this is such a case.

Thanx for the star :) Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back