Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send contact details to public folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherJack

Programmer
Aug 29, 2000
GB
I am writing a module to export Contact details from an Access97 database to an Outlook folder. I have succedded in sending the details to my personal contacts folder but they need to go to a public folder. How do i set the code to find this folder and create the new items there? I have created the folder from outlook and set it to contain contact items. any ideas ? [sig][/sig]

We are using Exchange Server for our Backend E-mail with Outlook as the front end.
Now we created several Public folders that all can see.
They show up below the normal folders in a section called 'Public folders', then below that 'All Public folders'.
These folders also show up in Exchange server but you cannot see anything in them you can just set permissions from there. I had to change permissions because the owner/createor was the only one who could add or modify the Contacts in there. And everyone wanted to be able to make changes.
But if we have problems and someone cannot log onto the Exchange server these public folders do not show up.
So they are somehow tied to Exchange Server.

Don't know if any of this helps you or not.
[sig]<p>DougP, MCP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.[/sig]

Not a problem in this instance, I have logged in and have created my own shared folder for the contacts so permissions are not a factor. I am stuck with the code to point the .save action to the shared folder rather than my own personal folder. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back