Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send CID for Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

atdjr123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
Has anyone been able to program an extension to send CID that would override the out going trunk CID on the UCX50?

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

When you define caller ID on the trunk configuration page, that's what gets used for calls over that trunk.

When you leave the caller ID on the trunk configuration page blank, then the extension caller ID or the outbound route caller ID (if specified with Override Extension) is used.

I've tried that already and the CID for the set is not sent. Is there a particular format that has to be used when typing in the number for the extension CID?

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

The default extension caller ID values (number and name) are the extension number and the display name configured for that extension. For calls over trunks, you can use the Outbound CID field to change these defaults. The popup hint states that the format is
Format: "caller name" <#######>
If you want to specify a name, enclose it in quotes. If you want to specify a number, you must use < and > around it.

That is exactly what I did and I get the same results. Would CNAM from the carrier on this sip trunk prohibit me from overriding the CID sent?

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Is the question —
Can 1 ext override the trunk CID for all #’s dialed?
or
A # dialed by that ext to give a different CID?

I’v got a customer with a main office(where the pbx is located and only 1 SIP trunk) and 4 remote phones at different locations.
Each office has its own DID with 911 service to present the address for that office.
If an ext at office B dials 911 the pbx will send the CID for the DID assigned to that office. A different outbound route is used for each office.

I have one office and I want the extension that is making the outbound call to send a CID different from the Trunk CID it is using. It is one sip trunk with 25 channels.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

If your provider will allow spoofed CID then try this
Add outbound route
Route Name: out-caller-id (whatever you want to name it)
Route CID: 8005551212 (your desired CID)

Dial Patterns that will use this Route (Create all that is needed)
(prepend) + (prefix) | 911 /333
(prepend) + (prefix) |NXXNXXXXXX /333
(prepend) + (prefix) |(match pattern) /(callerid) (use the desired ext #)

Trunk Sequence for Matched Routes
0 voip-ms

save then apply
on the right hand side of the outbound route page-
drag your new route to the top of the list -
save then apply
test

That means for every extension that I want to send out a different CID for,I would have to do this. So basically the UCX50 extension CID does not override the trunk CID as it states for outbound trunks.... Should not need to implement methods for the system to do what it's purported to do. Thanks Islandtech for the suggestion.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

It doesn't work even if the route is flagged as an emergency route. The same caller id is sent no matter what. So this tells me that the CNAM from the carrier has priority and so far this can not be changed....

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

The override works on my UCx system. In my SIP trunk configuration, I have an 11 digit NA number (1xxxxxxxxxx). To test the override outbound cid feature, I changed one extension's Outbound CID to a 10 digit number (just xxxxxxxxxx). When I call from the changed extension, the called destination gets the 10 digit caller ID - when I call from any other extension, the destination gets 11 digits.

You can check what Caller ID number is being sent by UCx very easily in the logs. Just make the call, display the last 200 or so lines in the full log and search for the string CDR(outbound_cnum
From my two test calls, I got the following - extension with the override to 10 digits:
Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:18] Set("UCX/221@221-0", "CDR(outbound_cnum)=4xxxxxxxxx") in new stack
extension without the override:
Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:18] Set("UCX/222@222-0", "CDR(outbound_cnum)=14xxxxxxxxx") in new stack

Also, as you use a SIP trunk, you could enable SIP debugging and look at the SIP INVITE messages. The remote party line for my first call starts with
Remote-Party-ID: "4xxxxxxxxx"
while for the second call it starts with
Remote-Party-ID: "14xxxxxxxxx"

Anyway, from the logs, it's quite obvious that the system uses the override value properly. If you have your system configured correctly, you should see the proper values in the logs. In that case, your SIP trunk provider could be ignoring the Remote-Party-ID value (always uses your trunk's DID or something) - check the provider side configuration or contact your SIP trunk provider support.

I left the outbound CID blank in trunk definitions. No emergency route flagged.
the Route CID is set to the desired #
Did you move your outbound route to the top of the list on the right hand side of the route form. (routes are selected on a first match basis)
No a route is not needed for each ext (use pattern matching)
[13][34]x will match all 3 digit exts starting with 13x 14x 33x 34x

Hey UCXguy, I did check the logs and it is sending the caller id with or without brackets. However, it is not over-riding the trunk callerid even if the field is left blank. Must be a block by the carrier.IDK Thanks

Set("SIP/210-00000065", "USEROUTCID=<9xxxxxxxx>") in new stack
[2015-04-28 17:24:43] VERBOSE[29109][C-00000031] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:7] Set("SIP/210-00000065", "EMERGENCYCID=") in new stack
[2015-04-28 17:24:43] VERBOSE[29109][C-00000031] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:8] Set("SIP/210-00000065", "TRUNKOUTCID=2xxxxxxxxx") in new stack
[2015-04-28 17:24:43] VERBOSE[29109][C-00000031] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@macro-outbound-callerid:9] GotoIf("SIP/210-00000065", "1?trunkcid") in new stack

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back