Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send calls to a the Reception Group when Away from phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwbwbw

Technical User
Sep 5, 2022
US
I have someone who wants external PRI calls to their DID number to be handled by the receptionist during during the day when they leave their desk. These are sales customers calling.

They do not want to use voice mail and they would like staff internally to still be able to reach them but external calls to be sent to receptionist.

I tried to set up a ENABLE Group button but that did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You need to programme the ICR line to a group with the user in it.
Then set up another group with the reception in it.
The use the OOS to ring the reception group.

Then programme the group button on the phone to take the group OOS.

That way the DDI will ring the user…
When Night service button pressed the call goes to reception group.

Internal user will still call the user as normal

Thank you both. I am going to try both

Regarding using CF nd DND. I can not locate the DND Exceptions Internal. I see a an Exception list but we have 300 extensions. Do I need to list all of them or is their a global for internal?

What if another user receives an external call and transfers it to them will the call be considered internal?

Hi Snoman,
Set it up as you described but it keeps ringing at the set. Should I set the HGs as Sequential? Also There are several ACTION options for Groups such as Set HG Night, Set HG Enable/ Disable, etc.

Set huntgroup night.
Assign your group number to it.

For end exceptions the wildcards n & x are supported , check the manager help files!

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back