Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send bulk e mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSLOY

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
NO
I have recently got the IT contract for a company who have recently relocated from France .Without going into too much detail, it is a reputable company with its products sold over most of the world. Every month the company sends out a bulk e mail to approx. 800,000 addresses and all of the recipents have signed up to recieve this news letter and have the option to unsubcribe.In France, the only way to send bulk mail was by using dial up since various ISP`s have cut the broadband line saying they have recieved 3 complaints of spam being sent out from the customer. To cut a long story short, how could the customer get around this problem? How can they be removed from the blacklist? As I stated, it is a reputable company.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.

We had this problem with our newsletters and sending to AT&T and Earthlink customers. I simply contacted the Administrators listed in the bounce back spam email and explained to them that these subscribers requested our newsletters and got us unblocked. Since where a large Television network it wasn't had to convince them we were not spamming their users. It took AT&T 1 day to remove us and Earthlink about 3 days.

I would take this approach first. Good Luck to you.

Since you're using Exchange to send the email, follow all the best practices. That includes making sure your reverse DNS entry is correct; make sure the host name matches the MX record; publish your SPF records; and, as OneMadCoder says, follow the info in the bounce messages when/if you get blacklisted.

Pat Richard MVP

Many thanks for all your kind help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back