Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send As Receive As Permissions for users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctet

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
CA
We are trying to give a user send as and receive as rights to another users mailbox. we have noticed that it can take upto an hour for the rights to take affect for the user. This happens in a single DC GC environment with one Exchange server. Any thoughts?

That is 'normal' unless you would force replication etc.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Thanks marcs41, but should this still be a factor when we only have a single Exchange server and DC/GC? Maybe I don't understand how these settings are propagated throughout the environment? Does the Exchange server need to gather this updated information and if so how and when does it do that? or is this an issue where the client is not pulling the new AD permission?

Low level changes (can) take time to be in effect. The number of server have nothing to do with that.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Hi MCTEC. I refered to this paper: but still cant put this functionalitty working. During this time people send mail as another user only "on behalf of". But that's not a solution and still trying to solve it.

Hi,

In User's Active Directory account properties -> Security -> Try giving send as permission to another user who requires to send as.

/M

After speaking with MS here is the workaround to the issue

The IS caches mailbox information every 2 hours by default, this registry key allows you to decrease that amount of time, so replication of send as permissions occurs more frequently...it did the trick in a lab environment but have yet to implement in production..

To control rereading the logon quotas in the mailbox information cache, change the Mailbox Cache Age Limit value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem

Value name: Mailbox Cache Age Limit
Data type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Decimal
Value data: The mailbox information cache age limit in minutes.
The default value is two hours.
You must restart the information store after you make any of these registry changes. Also, if you set the time-out values to very low values, you may affect the performance of the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back