Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send a copy to manager of all employees emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2007
JO
Hi,
How can I configure Exchange server 2003 to send a copy of emails sent by employees to each others. My manager asked me that he need to read any emails sent by employees in his company. Could any one tell me how to do it?

I would check with HR/Legal to make sure that manager has the right to read other peoples Email before doing it.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I suggest turning on the Archive feature that's in the properties of the Mail Store, and directing it to archive the mail to a new mailbox that you've set up. The manager could log into that mailbox using OWA if he/she wants to and could view the mail there.

Of course, there ought to be information in the employee handbook at the company that lets employees know that this sort of approach to privacy should be expected.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Dear Friend.
I think the manager has the right to see what are working around his company so could any one give me a steps.
the question is when any one using our exchange sending mails to any one else will send a copy to the administrator without knowing the sender .

[google]exchange journaling[/google]

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Free - I think the others were pointing out that in some countries it is illegal to read email without notifying people of the fact that their mail was monitored.

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003
293 - passed

This thread asked the same question, and I think it included more details on how to set this up:

thread1584-1414364

Dave Shackelford
MCSE, CCNA, Microsoft MVP: Exchange
Shackelford Consulting

In the MS EXchange account properties, you can set them up to auto-foward (copies) e-mails to a designated recepient.
Even though the manager has the right to review their e-mails, I would not advice any competant, hardworking employee to work for them and they probably hardly have anyone. Also who is to say that his own messages are not being collected by a bigger fish. (or smaller fish). Work for a confident employer. Most dont get in to that sick junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back