Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Semitransparent border

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcCama

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2003
BR
Hi,

I got the following image that I mounted in Corel Photo Paint X3 by superimposing one image on a gray background.

CPPImage.jpg

How can I make the white outline transparent from center to border, when I combine the object with the background?

Thanks, Camarate

Hi Camarate,

I am not exactly sure what you are after.

Do you want the white outline to be deleted ?

If so then you could use the colour mask (Toolbar Mask > Color Mask) with the eye dropper to select the white of the image and then click delete.

Note: The tolerance value may need to be changed to delete all of the white border.

Is that what you are trying to do ?

#
###
#####
#######
Ziggurat

Hi Ziggurat,

Thanks for your reply.

Imagine that the logo and its white border is an object that you will merge with a gray background. I wish the effect was a white border gradient edge out.

Regards, Camarate

Hi Camarate,

It sounds like you want to create a glow behind the text.

Steps:-
1) Make a copy of you CR logo layer.
2) Place the copy in the layer above your original
3) Delete the white border from the copy. You will now be left with the original image without the white border. Hide this layer.
4) On the layer of the original image, create a mask of the logo with the white background.
5) Using this mask fill it completely with white. You should now have a completely white image of the logo.
6) Disable the mask and then blur the image using a Gaussian blur.
This should give you the glow effect that you are looking for.
7) Display the layer of the CR logo copy and you should now have the logo with a glowing white background.

I am sorry if you can't follow my instructions. If you can't then have a look at this pdf file on the internet under the section of Reverse White Shadow. It should point you in the right direction.
URL:-

Hope this helps

#
###
#####
#######
Ziggurat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back