Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Semicolons to be used for multiple records in main report only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lthomas6

MIS
Aug 22, 2007
US
I have a crystal 10 report using sql backend which pulls the following data. This report does not have any groups and is pretty straightforward.The details secion is where all the data lies.

There is one field which displays ownership info for an entity.
ie:

taxcode record# Entityname ownership
FX447 105 Keystone Tyco Flow A
FX447 105 Keystone Tyco Flow B

The report should instead read

taxcode record# Entityname ownership
FX447 105 Keystone Tyco Flow A; Tyco Flow B

how can I achieve this?

I already provided you with the solution in thread766-1666043. What problem are you having with that approach?

-LB

This report is different. It does not have any subreports.
The approach that was used there was creating a group and that will not work in this case since we cannot have the data grouped but display in details section. Let me know if I need to provide further information on this for clarification.

Thanks.

No, subreports are irrelevant. You must create a group in order to get one row that references two detail sections. Why do you think you have to display the results with no grouping? There might be a way to do conditional suppression of detail sections, but there is no real advantage, and it would be more complex.

-LB

Ok, I understand what you mean now. I was able to achieve my goal. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back