Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SelStart Value is Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

evalesthy

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
US
I am capturing the SelStart position of the cursor in a text field (or memo) on a Tab form in the OnExit event of the control.

I have noticed that in some instances it returns '0' (first position in field) when the cursor has actually been placed elsewhere by a mouse click or by right-arrow movement.

It definitely seems to return an incorrect 0 value if I have deleted some part of text string just prior to repositioning cursor.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anyway to 'refresh' the SelStart value to try to avoid this error.

I saw one other allusion to this type of problem in another forum - but no solution.

I'll bump this up once and then give up - no one else has seen this???

Hi. I have been hunting for a solution for a problem with selstart value too. I found that I was getting unreliable results with _Enter event. A member on the following thread (702-726089) suggested using _Click instead and I have found that that solved my problem. Could you use the _Click event instead?

Hope that helps for this question (and for your other thread which I came across on my search as well!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back