Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selector codes for Partner Mail VS R4.0 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman1

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
I'm confused about Selector codes. The book has the range of extensions for selector code 1 as 10-19, 20-29 for selector code 2, et cetera. What is the relationship between selector codes and range of extensions? I have a client with a Partner II, he has enough 206 modules to go out to extension 51. If I want to use Direct extension transfer for all extensions, does that mean that the first selector code I can use for selector code transfer is 6?

I am still confused about the relationship between selector codes and range of extensions. Can you please elborate a little on this relationship?

Let's say you use selector code 1 to transfer to Fred in Sales, at Ext. 14. But you also want callers to be able to dial Barney's extension 15 over in the Service department.

As soon as the caller hits the 1 when dialing 15, the voice mail will transfer the call to Ext. 14, because that's what selector code 1 has been set to.

So, if you have extensions in the range of 10 through 25, you need to keep selector codes 1 and 2 set to Direct Extension Transfer, so it will take the 1st digit, and look for another digit to make up an extension number.

In your case, you need to keep 1 through 5 set to DXT.

In a smaller system, but one where the customer may grow, I will start my selector codes at 9 and work backwards. "If you know the extension number, please enter it now. For Sales, press 9, For Service, press 8. For Shipping and Receiving, press 7.......

I use 5 (or any other high number selector code ) for DXT

then have the customer add that to the ext number , so to reach ext 14 the outside caller dials 514

the customers didn't like the Idea of not using 1 , 2 or 3 for selections so that was my solution

I like Tommy's idea of starting at 9 and may give that a try

In the old Partner Mails, they had an option for "directed transfer", where first you pressed the selector code, and then the voice prompted you to dial the extension number that you wanted.

I guess you could do the same thing by directing a selector code to a submenu with a silent recording, and then allowing the extension numbers from there.

I have one customer that wanted to use so many selector codes that they had to add "if you know your party's extension number, press 1", which went to a submenu that said "please dial your party's extension number now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back