Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selectively clearing memory variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrumdata

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2003
US
I have 12 servers running Foxweb (5 channels each). My error handler dumps memory to the log. Trouble is, many of my public memvars spill over from channel to channel.

I'd like to memorize the memvars when we enter a program (the Foxweb defaults) then clear them at the end of the program.

I can do it fine by dumping memory to a file then parsing that up into an array or list. However, that's a lot of overhead with all the traffic I get.

Anyone found an easy way to splash memvars into an array or list without going to a file? Wouldn't it be great if we had something like =amem()?

Thanks,
John

That'll work but that's what I'm trying to avoid. With 500 hits/minute, I try to limit file activity. If I'm dumping memory to a file then reading it into an array, that overhead really adds up.

I'm not sure if there's a good way to do it. I don't really want to open a new database for this although that's an option.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back