Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selective updating of meeting attendees in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryhail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2010
Hello All,

I've run into a strange problem. We're running Exchange 2010, current updates. Have mostly Outlook 2010 clients with a couple of 2003 clients in the mix. The CEO's assistant, often times has need to modify his individual meeting schedule, but NOT to push the updates to other attendees' calendars. She can accomplish this with Outlook 2003, but not with 2010. An example is such:

The CEO is Attendee "A"
Meeting is scheduled for today at 1:00 - 3:00pm for Attendees A, B, C, and D.
Attendee "A" doesn't actually have to attend the meeting until 2:00pm, yet all other attendees must be there at 1:00pm
When CEO's Assistant makes a change for her boss, Attendee "A", and she goes to save/send updates, Outlook 2003 asks whether the update is meant for only 1 attendee or to send update to ALL attendees.
Outlook 2010 doesn't seem to offer this, and thus she is still on Outlook 2003.

I'm sure that this capability is still in Outlook, but have no idea where to find it. Does anyone have ideas or possible workarounds to achieve this? Thanks VERY MUCH in advance.

It is very much an option in Outlook 2010. There is a Save option, usually the disk in the customized quick access toolbar or if they click on the File tab there is the Save option there (usually the top selection). Once saved and meeting message is closed it doesn't ask anything further. Now if they make changes, and they don't save it, if they attempt to close the message Outlook will ask them in a new small window "To close the meeting, choose from the following options:" and the options are "Save changes and send update", "Save changes but don't send" and "Don't save changes" (default option). The "Save changes but don't send" sounds like the option your user will use most, or just the Save button as I mentioned before.

Thank you very much for the reply Texeric. I'm going to try this on Monday. I'll update further then.

I tried it, but the option to "Save changes and don't send" does NOT show up. Using Outlook 2010. The only options that show in the small pop-up window are "Save changes and send update" and "Don't save changes"

Any other ideas?

Sounds like you have a GPO applied to Office or at least to Outlook 2010, that disables certain functions. Check with your team that applies Group Policies to see what may be applied to that machine (which is probably the same for all your machines).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back