Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selective Call Rejection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
I have a telemarketer calling my Cisco phone every day. Is there a way, as an end user, that I can program this number myself to reject the telemarketer number? I don't believe there is, but maybe someone has come up with a creative way to deal with menacing calls to an individual user.

As an end user? No. As an admin yes. Just depends on your setup.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

That's what I thought. I have never heard of an enduser being able to configure such a feature. Having said that, I don't know everything :)

Depends on your PSTN setup. I run mainly SIP and do it on our CUBES. Same can be done with H323. MGCP is a different animal but there is a way to do it in CUCM. I know there is a good guide out there for MGCP. SIP/H323 is just a matter of some rules and modifications on your dial peers.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

I have been using Securelogix over the past 10 years. Its a 3rd party software that stops the callers before they get into the system. It will stop DOS attacks very quickly. It works with PRI, SIP, and analog. Works with Cisco very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back