Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecon

Technical User
Mar 8, 2007
US
Hi I am working on a report where I want to find how many new customers each month so my Select Record is as follows

{ORDERHDR.OPERATOR} <> "NW" and
{ORDERHDR.ORDER_DT} in {?Starting Date} to {?Ending Date} and
not {ORDERHDR.PROFORMA} and
not {ORDERHDR.CANCELLED} and
not {ORDERHDR.TEMPSAVE} and
{CUST.FIRST_DATE} in {?Starting Date} to {?Ending Date}

I need the CUST.FIRST_DATE TO BE EQUAL TO THE ORDERHDR.ORDER_DT - I seem to be getting mixed data with the selection I am using, one account that shows up has a first order date of 2003. I tried it with just using the CUST.FIRST.DATE but that gave me extra data too. Is there a better way to approach this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

If you really want them to be the same, then why not link the two tables on the date fields with equal joins?

-LB

If I do that it seems to not take into account if a customer had multiple orders in that month - (I am also counting the number of orders for the new customers in that month)so when I did equal joins it listed only a count of 1 instead of 2 for a customer that had two orders in May (on different dates)

So they are not ALWAYS equal. So the tables must be linked on customer ID?

I think your use of 'not' here is unusual. Are those fields Boolean? Try wrapping the fields in parentheses so it is clear that the 'not' applies only to that field and not to the following clause.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back