Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection List from files stored in directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2007
AE
Hi all,

I am currently working on a page that has a selection list (multi select list). i am trying to populate the list from files stored in a directoy (c:\myfiles).

this is what i am trying to achive

SELECT1 SELECT2
----------- -------------
FILENAME 1
FILENAME 2
FILENAME 3
FILENAME 4 [BUTTON MOVE]
FILENAME 5
FILENAME 6
FILENAME 7

When FILENAMEs are selected and the BUTTON MOVE is hit, the selected files appear in list 2

SELECT1 SELECT2
----------- -------------
FILENAME 1 FILENAME 3
FILENAME 2 FILENAME 5
FILENAME 3 FILENAME 7
FILENAME 4 [BUTTON MOVE]
FILENAME 5
FILENAME 6
FILENAME 7

How do i do this? is there any resource, any suggestions on anyonr can give me on this. thanks in advance

I would guess you populate the initial list from a database call. I don't know, but I would think the stuff happening in the browser window (moving files back and forth) is all dynamic and you would want it all to be client side without server calls and probably Javascript.

Once the client side decisions have been made it could be submitted and manipulated server side.

You gotta have a button "move back" for when they make a mistake and click on the wrong one.

Have you looked at the simple HTML control?

<form action="some_action.asp" method="post">
<input type="file">
<input value="this one" type="submit">
</form>

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back